At First Rowlett United Methodist Church our mission is to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world. Young people become disciples of Jesus Christ through many avenues including participation in the life of the faith community, learning the foundational principles of the faith and serving others. Our comprehensive youth ministry offers opporyunities for children form 6th - 12th grade to grow in the love and knowledge of Jesus Christ
The Director of Youth Ministries is expected to help lead all aspects of this comprehensive youth ministry, reach as many young people as possible for Jesus Christ and move them further along in their faith journey through participation in worship, learning, and service. The youth have a new facility, The Lighthouse, for their participation in spiritual formation and growth. This state of the art facility includes meeting rooms, classrooms, enclaves, and a multi-purpose worship space.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in youth ministry, either full-time, part-time, or volunteer
- Christ like character and faith, versed in United Methodist theology and practices
- Degree preferred but college students are eligible
- Strong interpersonal skills with youth and adults
- Organizational and administrative skills allowing one to plan, organize, and lead programming
A detailed job description is available upon request.
Email your resume to Associate Pastor Dretha Burris.