First Rowlett United Methodist Church is seeking a full-time director for the Wesleyan Christian Academy preschool. Wesleyan Christian Academy provides children, ages 6 weeks through Kindergarten, a safe, nurturing, Christian environment where they can grow and develop spiritually, physically, academically, socially, and emotionally. WCA follows an academic year program (August-May), as well as a summer program (June-August), that fosters early childhood education through developmentally appropriate practices and fundamental learning experiences. The director will be responsible for developing, implementing , and maintaining a quality learning environment based on best practices. The director is responsible for overseeing school operations including personnel management, financial management, scheduling, assessments, staff development, supervision of instruction, and ensuring compliance with state licensing standards. Health and safety are priorities for the school and the director will provide training, schedule regular drills, schedule and maintain health, fire, and gas inspections, and ensure that WCA is meeting all the local and state required health and safety codes and regulations. Strong, effective communication skills are required for both internal and external communication needs. The director must have the skills to foster a sense of community that includes connections between children, parents, staff, and the church.
Eligibility Requirements for Applicants
- Hands-on teaching experience
- CPR and First-Aid Certified
- Previous management experience required, preferably in an early education environment
- CDA, Associates degree in Early Childhood Education, or other related degree
- Comprehensive knowledge of national and state education standards, licensing requirements and procedures, and fire and health regulations
- Texas Director License Credentials in Early Child Care and Education, or eligible for the License